Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Start of Our Fall Boot Camp


The hazy lazy days of summer are over. For vacation I was able to go with my family to New Hampshire for a couple of weeks enjoy the the beaches in Maine, eat Barnacle Billy's delicious lobster saute and meet Senator Barack Obama.

Our new round of fall boot camps have just kicked off this week. The 9:30am started on Monday and the 6 and 7am started today. It was great seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Below is an interesting email I want to share from a fellow trainer Kevin Gianni (LiveAwesome.com)

************************************************************************************

Hi Carlos,

This might be the shortest email you ever get from me... (I've beenknown to be long-winded, yes?!)

Today is an amazing day! Why? Because I want it to be. :-) It's raining, it's a little chilly, I have about 100 things I NEEDto do before the end of the week. But guess what. Today is totally awesome!

I want you to feel the same way. Maybe you weigh a few extra pounds, maybe you're suffering from adisease, maybe your relationships stink. I can't even list all thethings that could be bringing you down.

What I want you to do is take one of these issues and flip itaround. (It take 1 minute, so you definitely have the time!) How do you do that? It's easy...Just insert the thing that's bothering you into this sentence..."(INSERT ISSUE) is the best thing that's happened to me!"

So for example, if you just ate 16 Oreo cookies and feel horribleabout it, say..."Eating those Oreo cookies was the best thing that's ever happenedto me!"Say it 10 times in a row out loud and really mean it and something magical will happen.

***************************************************************************************